Saturday, April 27, 2013

Just another Friday.


There is a common saying amongst golfers that a bad day golfing is better than a good day working.  Well I definitely put that to the test yesterday.

I saw a Facebook post from a friend from church wanting to know if there was anyone out there that wanted to play golf and fill out a foursome at 9:00 am.  This was at 8:45 and it looked like he had already found someone.  So that was a no go.  But that got me thinking about how much I wanted to play golf that afternoon.  Well to clarify, I want to play golf EVERY day but since no one will pay me to do that I probably shouldn't.  So back to work I went and was rolling right along when at approximately 11:07 I got an email from a co-worker - "One spot available 2:30 at Blank today.  Interested?".  Well this was clearly a sign from Heaven that I was suppose to play golf! Or maybe it was just my desire not to work on a Friday afternoon... What do you think? Maybe a little of both?  I fired off a quick email to my boss requesting the afternoon off.  Got the ok from the Boss man and after a quick bite to eat with some work peeps I was off to the course.  And that is where the afternoon took an unfortunate turn...

The good news about the round was that I parred 5 holes (which isn't that great but I like to focus on the positives!).  The bad news was that I carded a 9 on both the front nine AND the back nine and had a handful of double bogeys to go along with them.  It all added up to one of of the worst rounds of golf I have played in years.  But through it all I kept my cool and just laughed off the horribleness that was my game for the day. After I got home I drowned my sorrow (what sorrow there was) in a Totinos Party Pizza, Cheez-its, Grape juice, and Happy Gilmore.  The latter was to get my head back in the game.  "Just tap it in.  Give it a little tap. Tap tap tap-a-roo."  Especially since I am getting ready right now to head back out to the course to play in a 4-man best shot this morning.  But today is a new day that brings new opportunities.  Maybe an opportunity to play better golf? As far as I am concerned it can't get much worse!  Have a great Saturday everyone, I know I will!

VHD Viewpoint #2:  My "condition" makes it easy to buy golf balls and tees.  While some worry about yellow vs orange vs white balls and assorted colored tees vs white tees, I just go with all white because those are the only ones that I know I can find on the course!

No comments:

Post a Comment